Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winter Break

Well, Winter weather has definitely set in for Western Kentucky.  We have missed an entire week of school and the roads are still ice covered.   I think this is the 10th day of school we have missed, so it looks like we will be going to school in June...YUCK!

The ice started around 2 pm Sunday with freezing rain and didn't stop until around midnight.  We were just hoping to have just one snow/ice day, but more came in on Tuesday and the ice continued to pile up on the roads and power lines.  For those of us who lived through the 2009 Ice Storm....we HATE ice!   Eventually everything was covered with ice, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as the previous ice storm and we kept our power!  

It has been nice to be at home with the family.  I am trying to focus on our quality family time instead of the fact we are probably going to be in school until mid June!  I know there isn't anything we can do about it, so we might as well enjoy our time playing and making memories inside! 

During our break we have played Super Mario, played card games, watched movies, read a ton of books, stayed in our pajamas and camped in the living room, and whatever else we wanted.  My favorite thing was sleeping in and snuggling with the boys!  Both boys didn't really understand why we couldn't go outside to play in the snow, but once they realized it was all ice they wanted to stay inside where it was warm!  

We went to Paducah yesterday for Ben's ENT appointment, so Sam went to Gram's and played in the snow.  I was surprised they had so much snow and only 45 minutes away we had only ice.  Sam made a snow angel and threw a few snow balls but once he started to get wet he wanted to go inside!   We also went to eat at Texas Roadhouse with the Mohons.  It was a great meal with lots of laughs.  

I do not like ice, but I have loved being at home.  I could snuggle with my three favorite boys for hours on end!!
The boys loved staying in their pajamas.  Sam said our home was his favorite place on Earth!


The boys had a blast "camping" in the living room

Sam was a little sad when daddy had to leave to work a basketball game

One night we played at Parker's house.  Sam was convinced when we left that he needed his own XBOX.
Ben decided being a cave man was fun!

No comments: