It is hard to believe February is almost over. It just seems like yesterday when we were celebrating Christmas. Matt worked a basketball game on Valentine's night, so I spent the evening with my two sweet boys! We went out to eat at McDonalds and played Super Mario! I enjoyed the night because they gave me endless kisses and bear hugs and we ended the night all snuggled up in my bed!
On Saturday, Matt was to chaperone a Valentine's dance at school, so I decided to tag along. We went out to eat at Flamingo Row, one of my favorite restaurants and then on to the dance. Dancing has changed quite a bit since I was in high school and the dresses were quite a bit shorter than anything my dad would have let me wear! Since my favorite thing to do is people watch, I was in heaven. I also worked the coat room and quickly decided that 99% of high school students wore black North Face jackets. While working, I an into a few of my former 4th graders. It is always a joy to see how much they have grown and what great young adults they have become.
I am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. Yes, I like having a day for all those around to remember who they love and what their significant loved one means to them. What I love though is the love I get year round from my sweet husband, my two boys, and my friends and family. I was raised with unconditional love, so keeping that for one day would be silly!







No comments:
Post a Comment