Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014


Thanksgiving was such a wonderful day.  Although Christmas is my favorite holiday, I enjoy Thanksgiving because it isn't as rushed.  We are able to sleep in, eat great food, spend time with family, and even played a few games of Rook. 

This year, the Rushings came out to eat with us, which was a treat.  Unfortunately, the Irby's weren't able to come to KY because of work schedules, but they were definitely with us in spirit. 

Before everyone arrived, I was able to get a few sweet pictures of the boys.  It is so hard to get a good picture of the boys together.  Typically, one of them is looking away from the camera, someone is mad, or someone decides they want to look silly.

I have so many things to be thankful for, and it is my goal to focus on my blessing more.  In addition to my faith in God, I have a wonderful husband who helps me, two healthy cute boys, a home that we love, a job that I enjoy going to every morning, and supportive family and friends.  It is easy to get busy and overwhelmed, but I am thankful for everything I have been given.  














I love my mom and dad!

Ben decided it was story time, so he placed several chairs in a row and told us exactly where he wanted us to sit.  After we were all seated, we read and he checked on us several times to be sure we were all listening!  He loves to be the center of attention!

Sam started to show Gran Gran a game on his DS, but I guess he became distracted!  I think Gran Gran just enjoyed listening and watching everyone else!
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without these two playing a couple hands of Rook!
Uncle Mark's eyes may be closed in this picture, but he is not asleep!  He was just waiting until it was his turn to play the next game!  


No comments: