Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas Day

The boys didn't wake up early on Christmas morning, in fact we had to wake them up around 8:00.  Once Sam was awake he quickly woke up Ben and they raced down the hallway together.  

I loved watching their faces when they opened their Santa bags.  Sam loved pulling out one toy at a time, showing it off, and then pulling out another one. Ben on the other hand opened up one gift and then didn't care about anything else in his Santa bag.  Eventually, Sam pulled out Ben's toys and laid them out for him to see.  

Sam loved the mini-Ipad Santa brought and Ben loved his Nintendo DS.  Sam also has a DS, so they enjoyed linking up and playing Super Mario 2 against each other.  

After playing for a little while we went to Gran Gran's house to eat breakfast and after eating we opened more gifts.  The picture below is the best picture we could get of everyone and I think we were all pictured out by the time Gram and Pap came to visit because I didn't capture any pictures of them.  

Later in the afternoon everyone came back to our house and Gram and Pap joined us for Christmas lunch.  It was wonderful having everyone over and we ate WAY to much!  

The rest of our Christmas break, we basically stayed at home--just the four of us and it was so nice.  We stayed in our pajamas, we read books, we watched movies, we played with the new toys, and we slept in and did whatever we wanted to do.  I love my sweet family.  I love spending time with my 3 favorite boys and I wish we had days on end doing absolutely nothing.  When people ask me what we did over break, I say nothing, but in reality, we did more in those 2 short weeks than we did the entire month of December as we rushed around with the Christmas madness.  












No comments: