Today, Matt had a plan for us....which made me a little nervous!
M: Let's go on an adventure today.
J: What do you want to do?
M: Let's go geocaching...
M: Let's go geocaching...
J: Geo what?
M: Geocaching...I have a new app on my phone
J: Okay, whatever you want to do honey!
Two hours later...I was HOOKED!! For those of you who do not know what geocaching is, it is a world wide Easter egg hunt!
We started our adventure in the rain, but that didn't stop us! Matt found the first cache and then my competitive side kicked in! I was bound and determined to find the next one before he got out of the truck! To help my odds, I told Matt to just pull off the side of the road and I would look for the cache by myself under the bridge. Little did I know that he would leave me under the bridge when a car came up behind us! I found it and I was super proud of myself!! We found 9 caches around Mayfield and we only stopped because it was time to pick up the boys!!
Geocaching is an outdoor sporting activity in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", anywhere in the world. A typical cache is a small waterproof container containing a logbook where the geocacher enters the date they found it and signs it with their established code name. Larger containers such as plastic storage containers (tupperware or similar) or ammo boxes can also contain items for trading, usually toys or trinkets of little value. Geocaching is often described as a "game of high-tech hide and seek," sharing many aspects with benchmarking, trigpointing, orienteering, treasure-hunting, letterboxing, and waymarking. Geocaches are currently placed in over 100 countries around the world and on all seven continents, including Antarctica.[1] After 10 years of activity there are almost 1.3 million active geocaches published on various websites. There are over 5 million geocachers worldwide.







1 comment:
That sounds really fun...and addictive! I'm thinking I need to check out that app...
Post a Comment