On Thursday, FES kindergarten took a trip "Around Town" and we had the perfect day! It was even more special to Sam because Matt took the day off and went with us. We started the day at the fire station, which the kids loved! They climbed up and down and all around the fire trucks and ambulances. Next we visited City Hall and learned all about how to become a policeman. I think their favorite was the police dog, but learning about the car and uniform was fun also! Before going to the Post Office, we went to a local cemetery and Matt gave a mini lesson on a historical site. I think Sam enjoyed his Dad teaching his friends! At the Post Office, the workers let every kid practice scanning and sorting packages! I think Sam's favorite thing at the Post Office was finding his mail slot!
We ended the day at the park where we grilled hotdogs and had a picnic. The weather was perfect and the kids had a wonderful time digging in the dirt, playing ball, and playing on the playground sets! I know we can't be away from school every day, but I am so glad we were able to get outside the classroom and learn about our city! I am sure this will be a trip they remember for a while!







No comments:
Post a Comment