Having a four and six year
old is a challenge, but I cannot think of any better job to have in this
world. Everyday I thank God for giving
me two precious, stubborn, crazy, sweet, hardheaded kids for me to share this
life with. There is one thing for sure,
there is never a dull moment in the Dobson house!
This past weekend we
celebrated their birthday with friends and family. Like years in the past, we had it in the
woods down below Gran Gran’s house. It
is just simply beautiful down there and one of the most pleasant places because
it is quiet. I am not for sure why we
don’t go hang out there more often because the boys have so much fun exploring
and finding acorns!
This year, we had a campfire
for hotdogs and smores, a hayride to the Darnell pumpkin patch, cake, gifts, and
games. The kids had a great time with
the corn race. To play you had to see
which team could fill up their container the fastest. At first the kids were running so fast they
barely had any corn left on the spoon by the time they reached the container. Before long they were walking slowly with a
spoonful of corn and also had a handful of corn in the other hand. Sneaky little guys, but pretty clever if I
have to say so myself! The balloon popping
game was also a hit. Some of the kids
didn’t have enough fat on their bones to pop the balloons! I loved watching their faces when they made
the loud boom!
Of course we got home late,
but the boys wanted to open all their presents!
Needless to say, it was a very late night for us, but it was wonderful
celebrating the boys!
Before the party, I tried to
take a few pictures. It makes me laugh,
but the truth is I took 50 pictures to get a few good ones! Ben always wants to act silly and Sam always
seems to look the other direction or give his cheesy smile that I hate! I was very happy to find out I did in fact
get some good ones!
These three make me smile because Ben always has to be the center of attention and loves to act silly. He has such a sweet smile, but it is so hard to catch on camera!
Getting both of them to smile at the same time is a small miracle!
Before the party started, we went down for the kids to roast marshmallows and paint their pumpkins. We figured once everyone arrived they wouldn't sit still long enough!
After everyone arrived, we took a hayride to the pumpkin patch.
Ben picked this man and said he wanted to take him home
Sam chose this one, which is 1/2 as big as he is!
We will definitely do the corn race in the future, it was a hit!
We tried to get a picture before Gram and Pap left, but there was so much going on!
The creek was a hit!
The boys won't be needing any new toys anytime soon...they racked up!







No comments:
Post a Comment