It is hard to believe Summer break is already over. It feels like yesterday our Summer break just started! Matt and I are back in the swing of our school routines. Matt definitely has an earlier routine than last year, but he loves his new position. He leaves the house around 5:45 and I leave when MeMom comes to our house at 7:00. The boys are usually still asleep when I leave, but wake up shortly after I leave. Sam and Ben enjoyed the month of August with their grandparents. I love thinking about how many memories they are making. The other night, Matt and I discussed how most of our favorite childhood memories are with our grandparents.
Now that September is here, Sam and Ben both started back to school. Sam is in the 4 year old class and Ben is in the 2 year old class. It is nice having them both at the same school. Last night, we over heard Sam talking to Ben. "I will take good care of you Ben, I promise" was my favorite statement, but we heard many others like, "The playground is cool, You will have so much fun at school, and If you ever need me, I am just 2 doors down!"
I laid everything out last night. The backpacks were packed, lunches were ready, and their outfits were ready to go. I hated that I did not take them to school on their first day, but I knew they were in great care. MeMom made sure they arrived on time and reassured Ben about going into his new classroom. He was a little hesitant at first, but once he saw the kitchen in the corner, he was ready to play! Sam on the other hand knew the routine and walked right in.
This afternoon Sam was much more talkative than he was last year. He told us all about his day and the new friends he met. Last year he would only say, school was okay. Today Matt and I learned about their "card system." This is something that we did not know about last year, but after talking with Sam we learned that green means good, yellow means you are in a little trouble, and red means you were really bad and you don't get candy when you leave. Last year he said he was usually on yellow, but he said he was going to stay on green this year!
I am proud of both of my boys and I am excited to see how much they learn this year! I will keep you posted!!
craft classes for June
8 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment