After work on Thursday, September 30th, Matt and I took Sam out to eat pizza and to play at Ya Ya's Island. Not only was it his 2nd birthday, it was his last day of being the only child! Tomorrow would be another big day in the Dobson household....Ben's arrival! We had a great time spoiling Sam and giving him everything he wanted and more! We laughed more tonight than we have in a long time and couldn't believe we were going to be blessed with another perfect little boy!
The three of us slept in the next morning becuase the C-section wasn't scheduled until 1:00 pm. We couldn't waste to much time though, becuase we were to report to Western Baptst Labor and Delivery by 11:00 am. We took Sam to Gram and Pap's house around 10:30 am and quickly became excited and nervous all at the same time!
After being prepped in Labor and Delivery, Matt and I anxiously walked to the OR around 12:55 pm. I was nervous, but after the anesthesiologist gave me my spinal, I was numb and ready for Ben's arrival.
Ben was born at 1:26 p.m. and I loved hearing his first cry. During the surgery though, Dr. Owens knicked my bladder, so after I saw Ben, they called in a urologist to do the repair. This meant that I had to be put to sleep, but Ben had a lot of people waiting on his arrival and ready to see him through the nursery window! Memom, Grandaddy, Gran, Aunt Ann waited patiently and took a lot of pictures for me while they cleaned Ben up and heard his strong lungs!
Since I had the bladder repair on top of the C-Section, the doctors kept me in recovery for some time before taking me back to my room. Once I was back in my room though, I didn't want Ben to leave my sight. He spent the next five days in the room with us. We rocked, starred, and loved on him more than ever! He had a lot of visitors also!
Ben and I were finally released from the hospital on Wednesday, October 6th around lunchtime. Matt strapped him tightly in his car seat and like the last time we had a newborn in the vehicle...he drove VERY SLOWLY and was furious at every car that was going to fast! Our first stop was Gram and Pap's house to pick up Sam. He sweetly sang to his little brother the whole way home! I found tears of happiness in my eyes and was a proud mother of two cute boys!
When we arrived home, Sam helped Matt and I take Ben inside the house. He wanted to hold him and point to his every body part, so we quickly taught him to pat lightly and not to touch Ben's head! Sam already loves his little brother and is very protective of him. Matt and I are so blessed to have two healthy little boys and we can't wait to watch them grow-up together as friends.
craft classes for June
8 years ago







1 comment:
Congratulations! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing how Matt's (& your) little boys are doing. I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble after Ben's birth. Hope you'll be feeling better soon and can TAKE IT EASY!!!
It's funny that you guys named your little one Ben. We, too, have a Sam and have always thought if we had another boy we'd name him Ben. Wanna share your girl names? :)
Tell Matt his friend Joe said hello. Congrats again!
Post a Comment