We have started a great tradition for the first weekend in December. We travel to Memphis for Matt to run in the St. Jude 1/2 marathon. The boys and I stay at the hotel until he is finished and then we kickoff the Christmas season.
This year we went to the Memphis Zoo. It was definitely a cold evening, but the lights were beautiful and the boys had a blast. My favorite was the Ferris Wheel. Fortunately for me, we were stuck at the top for a while so we were able to enjoy the view. The boys didn't like it though because they thought we were going to be stuck forever!
In addition to the lights, Matt thought it would be a wonderful idea for us to go iceskating. After wearing the skates for 2 minutes, I was convinced I would not be able to skate and Matt was going to have his hands full with the boys!
Matt wasn't comfortable on his skates, but he was at least able to move around slowly with the help of the wall. He took Sam with him into the rink and I am shocked Sam didn't take both of them down to the floor because Sam was holding on for dear life and was making Matt do all the work!
While they skated, Ben and I hung out on the wall. Ben didn't quite understand that I couldn't go skate with him because I couldn't even stand up. I put back on my tennis shoes and waited with Ben by the wall. It wasn't long before a very nice young man came by and felt sorry for Ben. He took Ben out to skate, but Ben found out quickly how hard it was. Instead of skating with the man, Ben got in front of the man and he pushed him around. Ben had a blast....I am sure the man got a workout! 







No comments:
Post a Comment